We have established LotusRelief, an initiative to meet the urgent needs of the vulnerable communities we serve during crisis.
At present the communities we serve are affected by the corona virus pandemic, we need your support for our emergency LotusRelief fund!
During a crisis it is always the poor and most vulnerable people that suffer the most. We are positioned to respond to the devastating consequences of COVID-19 as a result of our long-term local networks and dedicated beneficiaries.
LotusRelief is a direct outcome of our engaged community-based approach to sustainable change. Our work is shaped at the local level in collaboration with long-term networks and in conversation with the urgent needs of community members.
Our goal for May 5th is to raise $14,000 in relief funds to be distributed between community programs in India and Cambodia. Mainly India is much harder hit than Cambodia right now – in terms of intense government lockdown – so the budget there is significantly more to help mitigate the costs to peoples lives.
LotusRelief budget for the #GivingTuesdayNow campaign:
|India LotusRelief Request:||$10,000 ($1,750 committed) so $8,250 to go|
|Cambodia LotusRelief Request:||$3,050 ($1,750 committed) so $1,300 to go|
|LO operations (token):||$950|
|Total raised:||$3500 +$651 = $4,151|
|Amount to reach campaign goal:||$9,849 to go!|
LotusRelief May 2020
- Food rations for 150+ extremely needy migrant families near Garden of Peace School to serve through May: $4,000 ($1,750 committed by BGR): $1,750
- ASHA the distribution of 5,000 masks to 1,000 health workers and 30,000 bars of soap to 30,000 families in 150 villages: $2,500
- Food rations for 135 most in need EQ+ families in the slums of northwest Delhi to serve through May (where our EQ+ staff live and work): $3,500
- 3x cell phones for CATALYST scholarship students for access to education: $500
- Hygiene education, health advocacy, COVID-19 education, materials, soap, and fumigation items for Santi Sena partner IRD in rural Cambodia: $2,550 ($1,750 committed DACF)
- LOI program operations (token): $950
So far we’ve raised $4,151 including generous commitments from longterm funders The Douglas A. Campbell Foundation and Buddhist Global Relief. That’s $9,849 more to go!
All donations towards the LotusRelief Fund are unrestricted and so will be used at the discretion of Lotus Outreach International.